The Skagit Needs Transportation Committee is an ad hoc (temporary) committee created by SCOG’s Transportation Policy Board. The committee is advising the Transportation Policy Board on a process to prioritize special needs transportation projects around Skagit County. Letter grades will be assigned to projects, indicating regional priority, and provided to the Washington State Department of Transportation for consideration in a statewide grant program.
Member organizations that volunteered to serve on the committee and were approved by the Transportation Policy Board are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County
- Center for Independence
- Community Action of Skagit County
- Mercy Transportation
- Northwest Educational Service District #189
- Northwest Regional Council
- Samish Indian Nation
- Sauk-Suiattle Indian Tribe
- Skagit Transit
- Swinomish Indian Tribal Community
- Volunteers of America
- Washington State Department of Transportation
The prioritization process will conclude in December 2016/January 2017 with a prioritized list of human services transportation projects for Skagit County.
If you have any questions about the prioritization process, contact Mark Hamilton at email@example.com or (360) 416-7876.