In order to reduce or eliminate the possibility of losing federal transportation funding, the Skagit Council of Governments issued a call for projects for Surface Transportation Program (STP) project funding at its July 15, 2015 Transportation Policy Board meeting. This call for projects is a competitive selection process whereby jurisdictions submit applications for federal funds for transportation projects around Skagit County.
Projects applications submitted through the call for projects are evaluated based on adopted scoring criteria and measures. At its June 18, 2014 meeting the Transportation Policy Board approved the 2015-2020 STP Project Selection Criteria. Through this competitive selection process, SCOG will be programming around $500,000 for projects that can obligate federal funding by the end of the federal fiscal year (September 30, 2015).
. The following is a timeline of the competitive selection process:
- 7/31/14 – Project applications due to SCOG by 5:00 PM
- 8/6/14 – Technical Advisory Committee makes project selection recommendation to Transportation Policy Board
- 8/20/14 – Transportation Policy Board selects projects and amends them into the 2015-2020 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
- Mid-September 2014 – Projects included in Statewide Transportation Improvement Program
- 9/11/2015 – Funding packets must be submitted to WSDOT for obligation processing
If project sponsors selected to receive STP funds fail to obligate the awarded funding by the end of the federal fiscal year, the awarded funds will be withdrawn from the projects.
For more information on this call for projects, please contact Gabe Philips at or (360) 716-6678.