On June 20, 2014, the Skagit Council of Governments issued a call for projects for Surface Transportation Program (STP) project funding. This call for projects is a competitive selection process whereby jurisdictions submit applications for federal funds for transportation projects around Skagit County.
Projects applications submitted through the call for projects are evaluated based on adopted scoring criteria and measures. At the June 18, 2014 the MPO-RTPO Policy Board approved the 2015-2020 STP Project Selection Criteria. Through this competitive selection process, SCOG will be programming around $7,000,000 for the design and/or construction of transportation projects over the next 6 years.
In order to include the selected projects in the 2015 regional transportation improvement program (RTIP) several milestones must be met over the next few months. The following are key milestones in the competitive selection process:
- 7/25/14 – Project applications due to SCOG by 5:00 PM
- 8/7/14 – Technical Advisory Committee makes project selection recommendation to MPO-RTPO Policy Board
- 8/20/14 – MPO-RTPO Policy Board approves project selection
- Mid-September 2014 – 2015 RTIP available for public review
- Mid-October 2014 – Adoption of 2015 RTIP
For more information on this call for projects, please contact Gabe Philips at email@example.com or (360) 716-6678.