The Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO) Policy Board selected projects to received Surface Transportation Program (STP) funding at yesterday’s meeting. The projects were selected using a competitive process and had to be able to obligate funding by July 31st, 2014 to ensure the RTPO meets its annual obligation target. The selected projects were:
- Skagit Transit – Passenger Information System – $56,000
- Burlington – Fairhaven Intersection Reconstruction – $86,500
- Sedro-Woolley – Jameson Arterial Extension – $225,000
- Concrete – Secondary Access Road – $80,000
- Skagit County – Josh Wilson Road – $285,450
SCOG anticipates making another call for STP projects this summer to include in the 2015-2018 Regional Transportation Improvement Program, which will be adopted in October.